Are you wondering what is the best lead magnet to skyrocket your email list?
When I launched my free mini-course, “The New Blogger’s Playbook,” my email list grew by 200 subscribers in less than a week!
Creating a free mini-course is a great way to demonstrate your expertise in your niche. In fact, it is a great lead magnet that can exponentially increase the size of your email list.
But before we jump into how to create a free mini-course, let’s examine what exactly a lead magnet is, and why online marketers should have multiple lead magnets.
What is a lead magnet?
A lead magnet is an incentive that digital marketers offer to potential buyers in exchange for their email address or other contact information.
In addition to creating a free mini-course, there are other useful lead magnets. I’ve actually compiled a list of 35 beneficial lead magnets.
Now that we have identified precisely what a lead magnet is, let’s work on creating your own email signup.
This Will Grow Your Email List Like WildFire
Before creating a mini course you will need a to do a couple of things.
Online Course Checklist for Creating a Mini-Course
These are the things you will need to do to create a sufficient ecourse in minutes.
- Make sure there is a demand for your course idea
- Decide on a topic. Chose a subject that you consider yourself an expert in.
- Chose a broad topic. Selecting a general topic will provide you the opportunity to create a more in-depth paid course that you can offer to those who enrolled in your free class.
- Create a course outline. Having an idea of what topics you will cover will help you stay on task.
- Create a Teachable account
Teachable is the best platform to create awesome online courses. Teachable is very popular with online entrepreneurs worldwide.
Here are some a few of the remarkable features that Teachable offers that make it an excellent choice for online courses.
- Student list segmentation-Allows you to send targeted emails based on enrollment.
- Student Feedback– Ability to include google forms, surveys, and other tools.
- Create engaging multimedia lectures– Add video, image, text, audio, and PDF files.
- Use Teachable domain– Start your own free domain (yourschool.teachable.com)
- Your own affiliate program– Allow affiliates to track their results
In fact, Teachable has a mini-course template already set up for their users. You just simply input your information, and you are good to start enrolling students.
Related content– How to Grow Your Email List Quickly Using Interactive Quizzes
But before we get to that step we have a few more things to take care of, on the backend.
In our checklist we discussed creating an online course outline let’s examine how can you create an outline that will grab people’s attention and have them knocking down your school doors.
How to Create An Outline For an Online Course
The purpose of creating an outline for your course, is to organize your thoughts. Having an unorganized course is a huge mistake you do not want to make.
The main idea of my mini course is increasing blog traffic.
The subtopics I decided to cover were actions that can assist you in increasing your blog traffic which included the following;
- Proper blog set up
- Ways to promote your blog
- Which blog post attract the most readers
Once I identified my subtopics which related to my main idea, it was now time to fill in the details.
Think about your topic, what will you main idea and subtopics be?
Setting up Your Free Mini-Course Online Course in Teachable
Use this link to set up your Teachable account. Teachable does offer a free plan. However, you will have limited access to essential features you will need, such as the number of students that can be enrolled in your courses.
- How to Start A Blog That Earns You Money
- Candy Store Name Ideas-400 Awesome Candy Shop Name For You to Use
- The Top Bakery Name Ideas for 2021
- How to Improve Your Credit Score for Moms with Bad Credit
- Places That Hire At 15-The Best 45 Jobs That Hire 15-Year-Olds
Also, after creating your free mini-course, you will want to start working on a course that you can use to start monetizing your blog.
Once you have created your account, you will then name your school and click on the course option, from there you will see the following options.
You will then chose the mini-c
Now you are ready to put in the details of your course. Once you have completed entering the details of your class, and designing your school homepage, it’s now time to work on promoting your new mini-course!
3 ways to effectively market your online course
1. For your mini-course to be a highly effective lead magnet, you will need to promote it in the right locations.
If your course is for recipe bloggers, you wouldn’t want to be in a photography group promoting it.
Related Content –The Best Free Resources of 2020 For Awesome Bloggers
Ask yourself what kind of people would benefit the most from my mini-course?
If the answer is bloggers, then seek out groups on Facebook for bloggers.
Click here to join my private Facebook group, Blogging For Boss Chics
2. Another great way to promote your mini-course is on your blog. Creating a pop up in addition to embedding a signup form on your site is a fantastic way to market your new course.
Email service providers such as ConvertKit offer easy to design landing pages and forms that can be embedded into your site within minutes.
If you are just starting out building your email list, Convertkit offers a free plan for up to 500 subscribers.
Click here to see what all you can achiveve using a free plan by ConvertKit
Remember, design does matter when creating sign up forms. You want your opt-in form to be informative but straight to the point as well as aesthetically appealing.
3. Pinterest is also a super valuable asset that can be to grow your email list by the thousands. To promote your lead magnet on Pinterest, you will simply create an eye-catching pin, and use your Teachable school URL.
Click Here to enroll in Pinterest for New Bloggers
Don’t worry Teachable can be integrated with most email service providers allowing the email address of your students who enroll in your free course to be automatic to your current email list.
Related Content –35 Extremely Effective Lead Magnets Ideas
How time saving is that!
Now that you know how to create a mini-course in Teachable, it’s time to get to work! Make to keep your free course informative, but without telling all your secrets. Save the juicy secrets for the paid course you will create in the future.